Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday, February 9, 2014

hi everyone. ariel here. i'm glad to be posting, because i've recently undertaken my own personal february project (actually this one is probably a lifelong project), focused on mindfulness, empathy, and positive thinking. so it is great to draw inspiration from and situate my goals within this amazing community of people i love, people i miss and think of often, and people i don't even know but to whom i still feel connected. and without further ado, i offer:

(1) yesterday my friend nick shared this with me: it is a graduation speech that george saunders delivered at syracuse university in 2013. his advice: "err in the direction of kindness."

(2) photographs of works by andy goldsworthy. draw from them what you will. i think it is amazing that someone can look at a raw landscape and see the possibility of these shapes and patterns.

(3) my new anthem: 2 Chainz - feds watching. i like listening to this during my commute to my 9 a.m. National Security Law class, in which i am learning about how we have no more right to privacy because FREEDOM. i think 2 Chainz has some good advice regarding how to deal with this situation: "i'mbe fresh as hell if the feds watching."


xo rel.

No comments:

Post a Comment