Wednesday, February 5, 2014

[February 5th]

Hi dear friends, friends of friends, people I do this with,

It's an icy, snowy February morning in Brooklyn. (Proof: this is what it looks like out my window right now --)
 
and I find myself wanting to share some old favorites with you guys. So here are a few things that have made me smile over and over and over again, year in and year out. 

First, go here and scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the song "Glorious." Press play. Stop doing everything else and listen. It's incredibly delightful and makes me feel like everything is right. 

Second, here is a letter John Steinbeck wrote to his son in response to hearing that he is in love for the first time. Steinbeck's sensitivity, sincerity and warmth shine, and his wisdom still feels relevant to me even though I'm not a teenager (as his son was at the time). 

Last, this classic Louis CK bit "everything's amazing and nobody's happy" about how we should really be in a constant state of awe at how the world works and instead we…aren't. Hilarious reality check. 

Love,
Nomi


No comments:

Post a Comment