Friday, February 8, 2019

Hello loved ones

Hi dearest ones, near and far, far and wide, wide and deep. How wonderful for me to hear your voices on these posts. Is it inappropriate to say that I am glad to be back here?

I now shan't resist being the third to post a Mary Oliver poem -- three times making it a chazakah! -- and so this is the one that I have been holding for the past year. Her words here provide solidarity for me: I am not the only one who gets swept up in the hurricane of love. This love is exactly as I'd always imagined it would be. It is like this: To be full of fear and full of confidence at the same time, having to hold myself steady in the epicenter of contradictions. This love keeps me alive.

Speaking of my love and speaking of poetry -- my fiance published two poems this month, both of which I found deeply stirring (a good and a bad feeling) and provocative. Here is the one I would like to share. Brace yourselves, it is hard to read, but I think worth considering nonetheless. And you can imagine some of the imagery comes right from our living room!

Our living room is indeed bright and full of happiness. Yesterday my chevruta Hadar came over for gin and tonics, which we made with ingredients from our lemon tree and orange tree and mint garden. I guess I can't really complain about living in California, can I?

You are welcome here anytime, dearest February family.

-Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment