Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Hello, Friends!

I'm writing to you from the 21st floor of a new office tower on the Hudson River, where my law firm recently moved to new offices. There has been much grumbling about the move, particularly because we transitioned to an open floor plan, but here's something great: I have a view of the Hudson River, I watch boats going by, I watch the sunset, I feel very peaceful. I've taken to watching the boats in particular--from high up on this floor, I can see their slow movements and the long wakes they leave behind them, and it's really quite lovely to watch. There's even a very nice comfy chair and ottoman combo around the corner from my desk that serves as a great perch. So, as February settles in, I invite you all to find some place where you feel and witness something soothing and calm, from whatever your perch.

This article is all about the poop business and its title reminded me of our fearless leader, Ruthie, and her efforts to make the whole world care more about this business and how to make it accessible and sustainable! It felt fitting that this appeared as a recommended article to me today, when I'm due for a post!

I recently watched the Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix, and was really happy to see that even though the movie said not a jot about compensation for the Bahamian workers who never saw a dime, folks banded together to raise money to help them all out. Way to go, human beings!

Weather in NYC has been surprisingly pleasant this first week of February, but I'm not optimistic that will last, so I'll be joining the masses and trying this apparently amazing recipe to warm up.

I'm still steeping myself in much Mary Oliver, and wanted to share this lovely reading she did of a poem from her book Dog Songs, which Einat gave me as a birthday gift this year. As a new dog owner, I couldn't relate more. Just listening to this makes me want to rush home to my sweet pup.

Speaking of which, how could I make a February post all by myself? I need Zisi's help. Here she is, wishing you all a very good, loving, sweet, gentle day:

No comments:

Post a Comment