Sunday, February 11, 2018

February 8 - Sorry I am late!

[Yes, that was meant to rhyme]

Sorry I couldn't post on the right day, everyone! I was in Venice celebrating my 30th birthday Carnivale :) :) because, as it turns out, thirty IS the new twenty! <3 <3 <3

I actually say that somewhat jokingly, as so much of my thirtieth birthday has actually been about embracing the age.i.actually.am. I have been so scared of growing up, but now that another milestone is upon me, I am finding a surprising peace in this birthday. It turns out: I definitely do NOT want to be twenty anymore! What a blessing to be happy with your portion.

Many of you and the entire internet have noted, January 2018 was a long, long, long month.


It was a long month for me, as well. I wept more tears in January than in the past six years. And the grand finale: on January 31st, my first niece was born and her first twelve days of life have been precarious and trying and sad. Fuck you, January. (Ironic to write it on the #fuckFebruary blog, lol.)

BUT, I will say this: I also felt more joy in January than I deserve, those tears were cleansing, and I believe more firmly than ever than the human spirit is resilient as all fuck. So here comes February and I am throwing on my glitter for a Venetian masquerade ball, I am booking tickets to visit the LoveOfMyLife, and I am choosing 31 things I will accomplish this year before I turn 31. Cuz life moves on, and I thank Hashem more than ever that it does. 

And now, some links!

2) The Boundary - Jhumpa Lahiri

Lots of love everyone.

-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment