Wednesday, February 21, 2018

February 21

b"h

Hi Friends!

I've been having a dense February--some days feeling downright April-y, and others feeling like four Februaries in one afternoon.  So that's nonlinear and fun!

If you've been watching the Winter Olympics, today's February Project share might be old news already, but since the moment I saw Adam Rippon skate in the team event last week, I kind of knew this belonged on the blog.  I've just never seen anything like it; it's so beautiful, so emotional, so full.  I tried to isolate just Rippon's program from this clip, but I couldn't reconfigure it and this isn't on YouTube, so you'll need to skip to the 29-minute mark (the third grey vertical line on the bottom bar showing your video progress). I hope the extra step won't dissuade you from jumping in to this.  It's making my month in a big way.

Also, today is my and my partner's anniversary (random date assignment gone right, Ruthie!). I'm extremely grateful for him.  I won't gush, but the funny thing I wanted to share with this knowing and wise crew is that when he and I started dating and I had a feeling we'd stick with it, I regretted that we had kicked things off in February. It feels cursed, and yeah, we did start dating last February, but I don't even think I was all that into it until mid-March, so I have been tempted to suggest that, even though it's all rather silly, we bump up the date and steer clear of this awful month. I have felt that even though I have something special to celebrate in February, it nonetheless wouldn't be able to bear the weight of the month's general awfulness. Somewhere along the way, I became resigned to February being shitty, and adopted some kind of containment policy. But of course, the whole point of sharing together every day on this blog is to reclaim our time together, and run toward the joy when it presents itself, and when we feel empowered to make more of it.  So, in that spirit, happy anniversary to me!

Selah,

Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment