Monday, February 5, 2018

Feb. 5th - Some delicious tunes

Hey sweet friends,

I am writing from Jerusalem where I'm living for the semester. I'm feeling a little sick today, but in general life here is treating me really, really well so far and I am very grateful.

The soundtrack to my life in these recent, wonderful weeks has been the music coming out of a collaboration between Vieux Farka Toure and Idan Raichel (h/t to Micah for telling me that they have been playing together). I LOVE IT. Vieux Farka Toure is the son of Ali Farka Toure, another favorite of mine (known for Malian music with a bluesy influence). Idan Raichel is a contemporary Israeli artist.

So, here is a link to a playlist by the Toure-Raichel collaboration. It's really rich and deep and beautiful and relaxing.

And, for extra fun, here is a link to some of Ali Farka Toure's music that I also find to be super moving and have held close for many years.

With love,

Nomi

No comments:

Post a Comment