Friday, February 2, 2018

[February 2]

Dearest ones,

Something strange and beautiful happened to me yesterday. It was February 1st and I felt better. I felt a sense of calm that I lacked in January. I don't know what this means, or how long I'll be able to ride the wave, but I'm glad to know you're all here with me in any emotional state.

I think returning to a climate with beautiful, warm winter days helps. Here's where I make my first pitch: come visit Austin! Seriously. We shine in the non-summer months, but I welcome you in any season.

And my second pitch: Dear Polly. In case any of  you have not already jumped on this bandwagon, I want to make sure you know about Heather Havrilesky. She's emotionally intelligent, funny, and compassionate. And her letter writers remind us that we're all figuring out this world together.

Thanks for also being a standout group of emotionally intelligent, funny and compassionate people. I love you.

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment