Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My turn! My turn!

Beloveds,

How cool is it to have a 3-year long archive of February Projects to show for ourselves?

Just had to say it, but ok, now for the good stuff.

First, I think this poem and its title is a way we all feel about our own lives. Take this as an affirmation:


I Will Not Die an Unlived Life

I will not die an unlived life.
I will not live in fear
of falling or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days,
to allow my living to open me,
to make me less afraid,
more accessible;
to loosen my heart
until it becomes a wing,
a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance,
to live so that which came to me as seed
goes to the next as blossom,
and that which came to me as blossom,
goes on as fruit.


-Dawn Markova-


Second and in homage to warmer times and climes, a small video of jumping into the crystalline, sapphire, so-cold-they-reboot-your-soul waters of Santa Rosa Blue Hole in New Mexico on a HOT day in May. I visited this very special place on my solo, cross-country woman journey. If you ever find yourself driving across I-40 in middle/Eastern New Mexico, I highly recommend you stop here. This little video captures one of the highest, most triumphant moments of that trip.

(there's no thumbnail for this one, but click play; it works.)





Lastly, a small video of QUEEN BEY performing at AT&T Field in San Francisco last August. 

IT WAS ALL SO OVERWHELMING MY FACE ALMOST MELTED OFF MY FACE.

To achieve the full effect, I urge you to view this video in full screen with the volume ON. 






Life! Life! Life! 


I love you all,
Allie





No comments:

Post a Comment