Monday, February 4, 2013

[post four] Feb 4th, 2013

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to share two things. First, a poem that I've turned to in many less than certain moments of life. Second, one of the best (good) tear-inducing flash mob engagement I've seen, which also features a cameo by the Jews.

With love,
allie


April 9 Poem 30/9 Trust the Moving Hand

Posted on by
There are many reasons
why the world shatters and
shakes. There are many
times when things crack
open and you stand
before uncertainity. Trust
the moving hand. We all
began our journeys
somewhere in the land.
So wide and beautiful,
we weep with joy.
Underneath the big bright
sun, trust the moving hand.
There are times when
magic and joy fly
together over horizons,
swoop down into the
city streets, caress you while
you are sleeping, become
part of the story you tell
the one you love. Trust
the moving hand. When
you tell your story, trust
the moving hand. My
body fell apart last week.
Opened itself up wide to
the entire universe. I said
to myself – trust the moving
hand. Then my body folded
back together again. It was
a garden, and in that garden
grew plants I had never
seen before. Beautiful
gorgeous green shoots
rising out of my bones, trust
the moving hand. There are
many reasons why, when you
stand where you stand now
to turn your back on your
moving hand, ah but don’t
do that. Trust the moving hand.
My body is whole again. I am
well. I have broken open more
than I ever dreamed I would,
I spend the night in dreams
so wide and beautiful the
sea has become my
mother once again, and
the rainbows floating over
the high beautiful tides
wash into my breath. I take
everything I’ve been given
and wrap it into a gift.
Trust the moving I hand,
I say. And give it to you
tonight between your dreams
and your moving hand.
My body is well. Let it be so.
Forever,
trust the moving hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment