Monday, February 25, 2013

February [colon]; birds.

Dear humans I love,

Because I
a- Have not turned anything in on time since matriculating to Brown
and
b- Am advocating for west coast equality,

my post is going up after the 8PM EST deadline, and well before its west coast counterpart.

and
Because I
a- am a grandma
and
b- therefore do not watch many you-tube videos, or know how to post on this blog without Aleeza texting me and my roommate showing me,

here it goes.

The ONE video I have seen and adored in 2013 and have been excited share, I just noticed, Tali posted already.  Instead of only feeling sad about this, I am also re-posting it.  You should all actually watch this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg

In honor of me simultaneously feeling like a grandma who has been surpassed by technology, and an adolescent that cannot ever get too much done at once:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html


And because I really like birds and Terry Tempest Williams  and praying (so much so that I am holding the book this comes from, Refuge, hostage from the Oakland library and praying that the library gods do not hold this against me):

I pray to the birds.

I pray to the birds because I believe they will carry the messages of my heart upward.  I pray to them because I believe in their existence, the way their songs begin and end each day--- the invocations and benedictions of Earth.  I pray to the birds because they remind me of what I love rather than what I fear.  And at the end of my prayers, they teach me how to listen.


It's been a weird day.  I imagine you all grasped that if you glanced at this post without my even needing to say it.

BIG amounts of love and sillyness,
Lizzita

1 comment:

  1. I knew who wrote this one before I could even finish reading the post. I love you so much

    ReplyDelete