Friday, February 8, 2013

[post eight] february 8th, 2013

hello dear friends, 

it really set in for me today that it is february. but "winter [does] have meaning for me," and i have much to share (3 things). 

1) let's start with the happiest:
this article/video is a must-read/see of a man's pure joy on a solo-hike. scroll down to see the video.
2) now, this is just one of the most beautiful songs ever that i had the privilege of seeing live with my parents in march 2009: single petal of a rose (cover of duke ellington) by joe temperley 
3) a timely poem considering many of us will be seeing snow in the next few hours and days. but more, because of how deeply the last three lines resonate right now. 

Snowdrops
Louise Glück
Do you know what I was, how I lived? You know
what despair is; then
winter should have meaning for you.
I did not expect to survive,
earth suppressing me. I didn’t expect
to waken again, to feel
in damp earth my body
able to respond again, remembering
after so long how to open again
in the cold light
of earliest spring—
afraid, yes, but among you again
crying yes risk joy
in the raw wind of the new world.

i'm thinking of you all...
shabbatloveblessingspeacewarmth, 
einat


No comments:

Post a Comment