Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Being a bunch of hours ahead of the rest of ya'll adds a certain layer of pressure to my desire to post something truly fabulous on this page for my assigned day.

As I head to bed, I just gotta share with ya'll a song that somehow strangely entered my head today and I haven't managed to get it out.

Its a song in Hebrew called, שיר אהבת הספן – The Sailor's Love Song.

Its a song that sounds at points eerily similar to, "A Whole New World" 

The particular video that I've attached (of Rita singing the Sailor's Love Song) is also just a wonderfully amusing window into the world of 1980's overly dramatic Israeli pop music - so I hope you enjoy that.

Lastly, the strangest part about this song and the way it randomly showed up in my head today - is that it turns out that this song was in fact written (many moons ago) by Yair Lapid who after last week's elections in Israel is now essentially the second most powerful man in the country. Interestingly, on saturday night, in light of his recent electoral success, Lapid threw a party for himself where he did a cover of the Beatles, "A Little Help From My Friends."

So maybe all this is to say that perhaps this song entered my mind to help trigger the train of thought that would simply remind me how I appreciative of all the little help I've gotten and continue to get from you all, my friends.

Much Love,

Jonah

1 comment:

  1. thank you, Jonah, for that journey through your mind.

    <3<3

    ReplyDelete