Friday, February 15, 2013

How can I sleep while you're dancing?

Hi friends/family/family-friends,

Sorry I'm also late on my post.  I'm still getting used to the "internet".

Here is a song that I played for Einat and Lizzie maybe exactly 3 years ago.  I chose a really inopportune time to play the song, so I don't think they could really "hear" it.  And then about a year ago, I think Einat sent me the same song and asked "have you ever heard this before?"  I'm not sure if I ever told her that I'd played the same song for her two years earlier.

It's by Shye Ben Tzur who sings Sufi devotional Qawali music in Hebrew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maWdDRRJ2sg

It is a love song to the Divine (isn't everything?):

איך אוכל להמשיך לישון עכשיו
כשאתה בחוץ רוקד
יצאתי לרקוד איתך
ולהיות לקולך עד

הציפורים שרות כל בוקר
שמך
השמש נושקת לאדמה
ואני
אני חולם

How can I continue sleeping
When you are outside dancing
I went out to dance with you
And to be a witness to your voice

Every morning the birds sing
Your name
The sun kisses the ground
And I
I'm dreaming

Shabbat Shalom

-nat

No comments:

Post a Comment