Sunday, February 12, 2017

Dear friends,

Yeah, you're right, yesterday was my day to post... Thanks for your understanding!

Things feel charged and emotional, and it's been difficult for me to keep morale at it's optimal level of optimism. It is in this time of resistance and pain that I have found great joy in the humor of others. Mainly this internet treat. Sometimes I just need to laugh and appreciate that we each have our own ways of resisting and fighting injustice and reminding myself that things will probably, maybe, hopefully, definitely get better one day.

Benj and I are now living in West Philly (love love love), each pursuing our various professional endeavors. Shabbat has become a vital moment of pause, re-centering, and reconnecting. In my moments of free time I have been diving into this book. As I am learning more about midwifery and what my role will be as a midwife someday soon (hooray!), I remember that I feel great joy in maintaining presence throughout pregnancy for a woman, helping her through the choice of when and how to birth and parent. Grateful for these folks who articulate what I struggle to say.

With love,
Aleeza

Lastly, here are some gems in my life:



Photo of me, my mom, and my grandmother (z'l)



Our sweet Sally Low Ride



Our awesome niece Elizabeth explaining all of her dad's parts (with positive reinforcement from Benj's dad, Pa)


No comments:

Post a Comment