Wednesday, March 1, 2017

March 1st - P.S.

Hello loves,

So... wow. It came and it went.

There's so much I might want to share. So many times I thought of posting but then didn't.  No finished thoughts... but I know you'll forgive me.

One thought is about the power of affirmations of self and of recognition of how we have grown.
I wrote a page of mantras before the test. In the middle of the exam, I read them to myself.
It was really powerful. Thank you for helping me craft it by showing me myself, by being my mirror.

The other thought is something about... cycles.
About the number seven Jewishly. Maybe someone here can share more about that? The seven days of creation, 7 weeks of the omer, 7 years of shmita - giving the land a rest from harvesting. One source translated that part of the Torah (please someone who knows more about this feel free to add) as reaping from the land but in the seventh year "the land shall have a complete rest."
Rest and then rebirth and return....
So I'm sitting with that.

There's no rest from mourning or sorrow or the daily-ness of the loss.
But there's a specialness to marking...7 years.

Thank you all for holding and loving and creating this beautiful space.
Always,
einat

No comments:

Post a Comment